Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Driver Support

VAIO Smart Network not working properly for windows 7

This is a discussion on VAIO Smart Network not working properly for windows 7 within the Driver Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i recently bought a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate and installed it on my Sony Vaio VGN-NS10L/S which came pre-installed

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 04:29 AM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

i recently bought a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate and installed it on my Sony Vaio VGN-NS10L/S which came pre-installed with Windows Vista Home Premium.. i backed up all registry, drivers and softwares before installing windows 7.. after installation got hard time searching for downloads for the unsupported drivers with regards to sony app.. i managed to get them running except for Vaio Smart Network (got it from HERE if anyone also got a hard time searching) which does actually runs but is unstable.. of all the apps its this app which gives me a pain in the a**.. Pls i really really need a proper link for that software that's 100% Windows 7 compatible im really tired of search for such.. thanks in advance..

Old 11-06-2009, 02:42 PM   #2
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

You will likely have to experiment. Find a new Sony that ships with Win 7 and try the software for that model.

Google is your Friend!
Old 11-06-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
Registered Member

i did tried experimenting coz that's how i got some Sony apps running on Windows 7.. and almost forgot the AV Mode button also doesnt work.. i guess i should do some more experiments then.. i should have bought ASUS K50in..
Old 11-07-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

One of the drawbacks of upgrading an OS. Especially when trying to use proprietary software. Contact Sony and see if they plan on releasing a Win 7 version of the software.

Google is your Friend!
Old 11-09-2009, 02:24 PM   #5
Registered Member

btw thanks for the replies Dogg.. i have contacted sony tech support and they said i should wait 'til they release it for my Sony VAIO NS10L/S.. im thinking of leaving those issues for a while since i could run the major functions i needed.. like some online games (Exteel), WiFi, Ethernet connection, Visual Basic Programming, Photoshop, PCB Designing and MS Office which are the most essential things i needed as a Computer Engineering student.. but of course we would want all things working "Perfectly".. thanks..