Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Driver Support

USB/Headphone/MIC jack isn't working

This is a discussion on USB/Headphone/MIC jack isn't working within the Driver Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I just bought myself an ASUS laptop for 500$ model number: G60JX and after a week of using it I

Old 05-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
Registered Member

I just bought myself an ASUS laptop for 500$ model number: G60JX
and after a week of using it I tried using headphones on the right side of my laptop and they did not work. So I tried a putting a usb in the right side of my laptop and nothing worked; my usb didn't even light up. I believe it's a diver issue because my laptop still detects the usb's and headphone jacks on the right side of my laptop but they just do not seem to work.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #2
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

If you aren't getting power to USB devices, there is a hardware fault. Power is always present on the ports. Drivers are only needed to get the OS to interact with the hardware.

You can reinstall the drivers if you like, nothing to lose but your time. All of the drivers should be on the manufacturers website.

Google is your Friend!
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google images not working, Google instant & Google Suggestions not working, Virus??
Okay i am not sure if i have a virus or something, i am pretty sure i don't though, but before i get into the details i will start with the symptoms. Well a few days ago i went to google like i do all the time and when i typed something i waited for a few secs and kinda thought hmmm.... ???......
theomega76 General Computer Security 14 01-31-2012 05:56 PM
Wired internet jack not working but wireless works just fine
Hello, I am new here. I have an HP Pavilion entertainment laptop. Everything was functioning just fine. Then, windows update happened. It was a critical update that cannot be undone. I performed the update. Immediately after all of the preinstaled HP software quit working. I fought and...
TheIronLurp Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 4 07-18-2011 02:05 AM
Sound OK but microphone is not working
Hello, I would like to aks for help, because I am really desperate right now. Finding a way for a microphone to get it work, actually with my Asus Xonar DG soundcard. System: Win7 pro SP1, Morther board: Gigabyte P35-DS3L There is little legend, maybe someone should know :) .. My onboard...
DedaToby Sound Cards 1 06-08-2011 06:56 PM
asus n50v audio jack trouble
Hi all, this one has been bothering me for a while now, and tonight is the straw that broke the camels back, so i hope someone can help me. right so ive got an asus n50vc laptop which has an audio jack at the front below the touchpad. this jack has always worked when i plug in headphones or...
stella_tommo Laptop Support 1 05-29-2011 02:34 PM