Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Driver Support

Shockwave/Silverlight/Flash Crash All Browsers

This is a discussion on Shockwave/Silverlight/Flash Crash All Browsers within the Driver Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Every browser I have (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer) all crash when trying to play any Netflix or

Old 03-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
Registered Member

Every browser I have (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer) all crash when trying to play any Netflix or YouTube video. Additionally, I have had a dialog box appear telling me Shockwave had become unresponsive and asking me if I'd like to end that process. Netflix, judging by the "Silverlight has stopped working" message I received on the few times the entire browser doesn't crash, uses Silverlight, whatever that is. YouTube uses Flash. The only clue I have is I just updated my video card software to "AMD Catalyst 12.1."

I have an AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series, and I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:10 AM   #2
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

There are known Netflix/Silverlight/FF issues. I've seen numerous work arounds, but it's generally recommended to use Netflix in IE (as Silverlight is a MS product).

Aside from that, it sounds like there is an underlying OS/registry/driver issue.

Troubleshoot one browser/issue at a time and provide the exact errors.

Google is your Friend!
Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote