Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeking help with monitor issue

996 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
About 2-3 weeks ago, I began experiencing an issue with my monitor. Namely, the monitor would turn black and a text box with the message 'Input Not Supported' would appear on the screen, at which point I would have to reboot the computer. Sometimes, this would occur as soon as I booted the computer, but I was able to bypass it by starting in safe mode.

Now, the monitor will not turn on at all. Instead of 'Input Not Supported', it mow returns 'No Signal'. Booting in safe mode no longer works and there is nothing I can do to get picture. I have tried another monitor and it also does not work. My advisor in this matter says that this points to the issue being the result of a corrupted driver or video card. However, I don't know which driver I should be looking for.

My motherboard model number is GA-H61M-S2PV. My monitor is an Acer G2I5HL. My OS is Windows 7 64-bit.

I have found an Intel VGA driver on the Gigabyte website. Should I download it? Also, how will I be able to run the file, if I have no picture? Will the computer automatically install the driver if I download it on a USB and plug the USB in?

#2 ·
Hi, and welcome to TSF! :smile:

If the system will not produce a display even in Safe Mode, it is likely your video card/section on the motherboard is going bad. Safe mode runs without drivers and outputs a signal in generic VGA mode. The fact that another monitor produces the same result reinforces this likelihood. It could be the video output cable as well, so check that first. :sad:

#5 · (Edited)
Are you plugging your monitor into the onboard VGA slot on the back of the computer? Or do you have a Separate Video card lower in the case? (see attachment)
Usually when you get the message, Input Not Supported You usually have your resolution set too high for the monitors supported resolution. Resetting to a lower resolution in Windows usually removes this problem. Booting into Safe Mode usually eliminates this, since Safe Mode loads without a video driver.
When you start your computer, do you get the Gigabyte splash screen? Or is it totally black? If you get no splash or POST screen then the monitor probably is not working, or it is not plugged into the Video port totally. You can easily test this by checking the connection or replacing the monitor. If you are using a separate Video card, you can remove the card and just use the onboard VGA (the card must be removed to enable the VGA) to test.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.