Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Driver Support

save to different drive??

This is a discussion on save to different drive?? within the Driver Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. ok i need to know how to tell me computer to save files to my d drive instead of my

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 02:23 AM   #1
Registered Member

ok i need to know how to tell me computer to save files to my d drive instead of my c drive can anyone walk me threw it or some help?

Old 01-30-2009, 06:21 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

What kind of files you are wanting to save

1) Downloaded files from browser - set from browser
2) Office files - Save the original files in your D drive, and then subsequent save is saved there

Old 01-30-2009, 06:34 AM   #3
Administrator

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

You can redirect the My Documents folder so that it stores data on another drive.

Right click on My Documents . . Select Properties . . click on the Move button and browse to the location you want to use. When it asks if you want to move the contents, click yes.

This will relocate the contents to the new location for all applications that use My Documents to store data
Old 01-30-2009, 08:52 AM   #4
Registered Member

i want to move my programs folder to the other drive i formated the rong one so i have no space and it keeps saving in the alredy used up drive =(

i thaught that if i could make a shortcut in the c drive and move the main folder to d drive it would work but it wont let me it just coppys the files and wont let me move or delete the folder any ideas??

i was just thinking if i kept the bare minimum in my c drive programs folder and created a desk top shortcut for c drive programs and made one for d drive programs could i install the programs in the c drive then move them into the d drive and when i want t use them i can migrate them back and forth would that work or am i muttering nonsence =)

oh and one more idea could i delete the files in c drive and go threw every program and when it starts to look for the icon i can click brouse and go to d drive it seamed to work for kantaris i deleted the program from the c drive and i replaced the logo with the one from d drive and it started every time will this work for every program ? i think im onto something =)
Old 01-30-2009, 09:31 AM   #5
Registered Member

everything was going good until i clicked back onto my c drive and eerything that i deleted pop'd back up! how weird is that !!