Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Driver Support

No Ethernet Controller, Or Network Controller, or audio

This is a discussion on No Ethernet Controller, Or Network Controller, or audio within the Driver Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So i did a fresh install of Windows xp Home Edition (SP2) and i went to my drivers and it

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 12:30 AM   #1
Registered Member

So i did a fresh install of Windows xp Home Edition (SP2)
and i went to my drivers and it has yellow question marks next to Ethernet controller, and Network controller and i cant access the internet at all

i have a HP Pavilion dv1000

im not sure what other imformation you need help!

Old 06-05-2011, 03:30 AM   #2
Enthusiast

You need to go to the HP website. They have all the drivers for your PC:

HP UK: HP Support & Drivers | United Kingdom

HP USA: HP Support & Drivers | United States

If you can't access the internet on the PC that needs the drivers, you can download them using a different PC and save them to a removable media drive such as CD or usb thumb-drive, then transfer to the PC that needs them.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Xp slow boot after splash screen
After the Windows Xp splash screen I get about 30 to 40 seconds of blackness (could be more) before the cursor appears. When I start in Safe Mode it takes a long time to load mup.sys but that could just be because it's the last one to load. Here's by most recent ntbtlog.txt: Service...
Sulla Windows XP Support 5 06-17-2013 10:29 AM
HDD to record on.
Hi I was looking around for a low size HDD that'll be fast for recording with Fraps. On a game such as MW2 I get stable 70-90 FPS But as soon as i hit that Fraps hotkey, its an instant drop to 30-45fps and it feels terribly laggy. I was thinking of buying a new HDD to record onto, but before...
bhstr99 Hard Drive Support 9 04-03-2011 03:06 PM
[System] Slows down to 13%-20% semi randomly.
Hello this is my first time posting on this forum. Problem: I'll run a program such as Stress Tests or CS:S and roughly within 15 minutes (give or take) I start to stutter and soon as I close the program CS:S I'll look at my processes and notice that system nt kernel is saying anywhere from...
X Myth BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 40 03-28-2011 01:53 AM
Missing video drivers
Right my friend was playing Sims 3 this morning and it said there was an update, so he updated and then everything just went weird, seems like the graphics card driver was uninstalled and he could play sims 3 before but after the update it said he couldn't. I tried to find the graphics card name...
Nekoh Driver Support 10 03-26-2011 04:44 PM
Slow/Not responsive
My pc has lately as expected gone very slow and not as responsive. At the start-up especially. I have to wait a good 2mins before touching anything or things start to 'Not respond' and such. I was wondering if you guys could recommend me ANYTHING that I could do to speed up my pc significantly....
bhstr99 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 18 03-26-2011 03:38 PM