Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need Windows 7 Drivers for the SB Extigy Sound Card!

18K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ajm220 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Everyone probably knows that the Extigy is the best and most reliable external sound card ever created by Creative. You probably also know that Creative decided to relegate it to the junk heap and stopped all support including drivers a couple of years ago.

However, it is a fine piece of technology that has served me well for over fifteen years and worked like a trouper even after never turning it off for more than a few minutes to clean or move it in all that time -- that is until I upgraded to a new PC (HP ProBook 650 G1, Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit).

I thought some independent "creative" techie genius might have released drivers to make it run on Windows 7. Anyone?

Thanks, all, and have a Happy Thanksgiving. :smile:

ajm220

#3 ·
Download the XP driver.
Creative Worldwide Support > Extigy.
When you install it, It should Unzip to a location on your C: drive take note of where it unzips to. The driver install will fail.
Now go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc, Right click the devmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager, Highlight the sound card with the yellow flag, go up to Action/Add Legacy Hardware. Choose Install the hardware that I manually select. Choose Sound, Video and Game Controllers. Click Have Disk and browse it to the unzipped XP driver to the .inf file. See if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.