Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Driver Support

NEC i-select m5210 drivers please

This is a discussion on NEC i-select m5210 drivers please within the Driver Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello all I bought an NEC i-select m5210 laptop for my wife for her crafting needs. When I bought it

Old 01-08-2017, 02:09 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello all
I bought an NEC i-select m5210 laptop for my wife for her crafting needs. When I bought it Win XP was installed, and I was told that XP had been installed after the HDD was wiped and Linux installed. There was no recovery partition on the laptop and I had no driver disc. I did backup the drivers but the backup has since disappeared. For her crafting needs she needs a Windows system. Since the laptop struggled running XP Home, I have installed Win 2000 Pro, but have no drivers. I have of course done internet searches, but they all lead to ftp2.nec-computers.com which always times out when I try to download or even just ping.
Can anyone help me to find these drivers ?
TIA
scbs29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2017, 11:09 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

You're looking for system drivers that are 17 years old, finding the correct ones or even active ones on the internet will be nearly impossible.

What drivers are not being loaded onto the device? Wireless?

Also, running such an old operating system puts your network and your wife's computer in great security risk. I'd advise purchasing a newer inexpensive computer.
Masterchiefxx17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:03 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

Here you go: NEC Notebook Driver / i-Select / i-Select M5210 - NEC Driver Download
spunk.funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 03:43 AM   #4
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, however, this still leads to ftp2.nec-computers.com which always times out when I try to download or even just ping.
scbs29 is offline   Reply With Quote