Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Driver Support

HELP. Deleted driver in driver genius software and now I can't fix my driver...

This is a discussion on HELP. Deleted driver in driver genius software and now I can't fix my driver... within the Driver Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. JUst as the title says.... I installed driver genius and it fixed the driver I wanted it to fix (my

Old 04-08-2012, 07:19 AM   #1
Registered Member

JUst as the title says....

I installed driver genius and it fixed the driver I wanted it to fix (my laptop built in webcam driver) even when I installed the right driver myself, my cam would always appear upside down. but after usng driver genius it fixed eveyrthing!!!! out of nowhere, this is weeks later, my camera stopped working and it would not connect properly. so i tried running driver genius to fix it and it didnt detect anything.... so i deleted the driver it already installed.... thinking that if i ran it again it might detect to download that driver again and it didnt.... i even downloaded the same driver i had before that it fixed and it still doesnt detect anything and im back to having an upside down webcam and driver genius will no longer detect the driver... i even tried uninstalling and reinstalling driver genius and downloading different versions of it to try to get it to detect the driver just once more and it wont... so now im stuck wiht a corrupted webcam driver and i dont know what to do and i dont remember what driver driver genius downloaded for me... please help

Old 04-08-2012, 07:24 AM   #2
Moderator,
- Hardware
- Networking

My System

Is the cam being detected? Driver Genius (or any other software) doesn't detect "drivers". It detects hardware, and then locates the proper drivers. Most likely the cam is not being detected, which would indicate a hardware failure (faulty cam).

Google is your Friend!
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #3
ROG Enthusiast

OS: Windows 8 Pro, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, Windows XP SP3, Windows Server 2008

My System

Hello hatecomputers11 and welcome to TSF!

Your camera being upside-down means you had the wrong driver for your camera, We cant help you look for your driver without you giving us the make and model of your laptop .

Can I ask that you open Device Manager and right click your camera and select "Uninstall" and restart your computer.

We will also need your HardwareID of the camera you have, Follow the steps above but right click and select "Property's" go to the details tab and select "Hardware ID's from the drop down list and write here on your next post everything that is listed.

Thanks,
Altie

Please post Hardware Specifications of your computer.(Including Power Supply!).
Memtest86+ | Seatools
How to Benchtest
Info & Selection of PSU's
A1tecice is offline   Reply With Quote