Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

External DVD Drive for an Apple Ipad

55K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Captain Janeway 
#1 ·
Alright, I am not a very techy person but I do know how to use my computer and navigate the setting on three different OS. Lot to learn and not a lot of time. My question is: "Is there a External DVD drive that I can hook up to my Ipad?". I saw Apple's Superdrive but I don't really want to pay the price so I was curious if there is something that someone would recommend. Who knows I could just be talking nonsense. Thanks

#5 ·
I am yet to learn of a tablet that supports external (USB) devices, moreso HDDs and ODDs. The USB port on them can be quite misleading. As spunk.funk points out, there is no (builtin) support for them, one reason why laptop PCs are not gonna be replaced by tablets any time soon.

#6 ·
So basically I am stuck with Apple's Super Drive and can not use anything else....I just love some of these Apple "quirks". I found out that I can't copy you-tubes either; everything must go through the app store. Thanks for your help. I plan on having more questions for this forum in the future.

#9 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.