Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Driver Support

ethernet controller driver - code 28

This is a discussion on ethernet controller driver - code 28 within the Driver Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My husband reformatted my computer (Compaq Presario SR5027CL) and reinstalled all the drivers for Vista. The only one that's not

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 01:25 AM   #1
Registered Member

My husband reformatted my computer (Compaq Presario SR5027CL) and reinstalled all the drivers for Vista. The only one that's not installed is the Ethernet Controller, which has a yellow mark next to it when I look at the Device Manager. It looks like it's a nVIDIA nForce Networking Controller, but I can't find the driver to install it. I even went to the Compaq site, but didn't find anything. Spent the last 5 hours trying to fix this problem to no avail. Please help.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:35 AM   #2
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Can you post the hardware id listed for the device.

Quote:
Open the Device Manager
Right Click on the Device in question
Properties
Details Tab

In XP the VEN_ #### and DEV_ #### is located under Device Instance ID
In Vista and Win7 the VEN_ #### and DEV_#### is located under Hardware ID

Old 01-17-2011, 05:27 AM   #3
CCT
Helper

Networking
LAN: 10-Base-T•Interface: Integrated into motherboard
•Technology: Realtek RTL8201N
•Data transfer speeds: up to 10/100 Mb/s
•Transmission standards: 10-Base-T Ethernet

Realtek
Old 01-17-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
Registered Member

When I open Network Adapter in Device Manager, there's nothing there. How can I get the drivers for it? I'm not computer literate, but I think CCT is correct regarding it being a Realtek RTL8201N. Where can I download this driver?
Old 01-17-2011, 10:04 PM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi
According to the specs you have a Nvidia Geforce 6150SE Nforce 430 chipset.
Motherboard Specifications, M2N68-LA (Ivy) Compaq Presario SR5027CL Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

The Network controller is part of the Nforce 430 chipset.

The diver is here:
NVIDIA DRIVERS 15.49 WHQL
Old 01-18-2011, 04:15 AM   #6
CCT
Helper

This is where I got my data; Compaq Presario SR5027CL Desktop PC Product Specifications Compaq Presario SR5027CL Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (Canada - English)

I would have thought the Realtek driver would also work - no matter - if the chipset was installed then it should work now.