Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

DVD/CD Driver Disabled

873 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  makinu1der2 
#1 ·
I recently upgraded to Windows 7 (64bit), and changed hard drives and DVD/CD drives. As a result I had to reinstall all my software applications (mostly 32 bit apps) After installing one of my applications it seemed the driver for my DVD/CD was disabled. When I looked at the Device Manager, both DVD/CD drive were there but with a yellow tag. The drivers properties listed three drivers, the first was the Microsoft driver (yellow flagged), the second was by GEAR (yellow flagged) and the third was SONY (the active driver). Since the Sony driver was the active driver, I assumed that the installation of Sony's Sound Forge 9.0 caused the problem. I uninstalled it but nothing changed. The uninstall did not remove the driver. I attempted to update the driver and was told that the drive was current.

I uninstalled both DVD/CD drives, and changed the Gear and Sony driver extentions from "sys" to "s_s" so on a reboot they would not be loaded. However, even though the device manage, only showed the Microsoft driver, it was still noted as disabled. I'm assuming this is "registry" problem. Is there anyone that can tell me how to resolve this matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.