Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Driver Support

Drivers for Arctic Sound p311 Headset

This is a discussion on Drivers for Arctic Sound p311 Headset within the Driver Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello everyone! I am running Windows 7 32 bit. I recently received an Arctic Sound p311 Headset for Christmas. This

Old 12-26-2011, 02:02 PM   #1
Registered Member

Question

Hello everyone! I am running Windows 7 32 bit. I recently received an Arctic Sound p311 Headset for Christmas. This headset has a blue tooth capability which I attempted to use to connect it to my PC.

While my PC detects the headset, when it comes time to install the drivers for this headset Windows gives me an error 28 aka Windows was unable to download the drivers. I went to the manufacturer website but was unable to find any drivers for this headset. I've searched a few others places but have had no luck so far.

Thank you in advance!

Old 12-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi and welcome to TSF did you get a small disc in the packaging for installing a driver.
you may need to contact the maker directly and ask about it,do you see anything like the description here Arctic Sound P311 Bluetooth Stereo Headset Review - Driver and Software

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
joeten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you, nice to be here!

I did not receive a CD with the headset, however I did receive a response from the manufacturer which suggested that I try to update my Bluetooth software. Actually I was downloading something from Windows Update which was Bluetooth update related when my USB ports decided to stop working. Oddly the mouse receives power but doesn't interact with Windows. Assuming I get that fixed, I shall give it a try. Or I could just use a mouse that does not use a USB port.

But back to the matter at hand. It is funny, I came upon that same link when I was trying to make sense of the situation. My device will show up in the list of Bluetooth devices in the Windows Bluetooth Taskbar thingy but will not show up under sound. Apparently this process with the headset works well for most people, hopefully the update that I will eventually install will help resolve it.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:12 AM   #4
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi did you try system restore to a point prior to that update and see if it helps (sorry for the delay got a stinking cold )

Old 01-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #5
Registered Member

Question

Sorry for my delay as well, got the USB issues working mostly. So I used a small disc that came with the Bluetooth dongle and now it seems that I have the needed drivers and all. For the headset, it is Broadcam drivers.

However while the headset now shows up under audio it is listed as disconnected and there does not seem to be anything I can do to connect it. When I click on the headset from list of Bluetooth devices under "Devices and printers" I get "BTWUIExt has stopped working"

Old 01-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #6
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi check through the manual there is a whole lot of info on setting it up for differing uses P311 · Headsets · Sound · Arctic Cooling

Old 01-07-2012, 09:33 PM   #7
Registered Member

Installed BlueSoleil as it seems to be the interface preferred by the manual but unfortunately it does not detect anything and is just stuck at "starting Bluetooth" And oddly the headset no longer shows up under "audio"
Old 01-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #8
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi will it work on another machine

Old 01-12-2012, 01:19 AM   #9
Registered Member

HI, i noticed alot of people with this issue while i was looking for a fix to my issue ( sounds are chopped up and delayed if any at all when set as audio , but skype calls work just fine) any ways .. once you have installed the bluetooth drivers you need to go to the "Show bluetooth devices" from the bluetooth icon in your system tray .. then right click the p311 and choose "connect as audio device" from advanced operations .. or some thing like that ... then it should show up as a speaker and mic in your sound manager ... hope that helps .. .. also if you enter pairing mode be for you make it connect as audio device it will work every time .. had a little issue making it work with out being in pairing mode first. to get to pairing mode you have to have it off then hold the on button until both the blue and red lights blink together.. also you can choose advanced operations and click "connect to operations window" you can do the above connecting thing from there
Old 01-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #10
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Thanks for that nice

Old 02-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #11
Registered Member

Hi, I'm new to this thread. I'm trying to use the Arctic 311 as Bluetooth Phone Headset using Cisco IP Communicator software on my Dell Laptop. When I connect the headset without enabling speech recognition it works fine for listening to music, etc. However, when I enable speech recognition when I do the 'connect', the audio becomes very poor. I have updated Bluetooth drives, etc. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks much.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #12
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

You should make a thread of your own to get help specific to your issue nd maybe read post 9 above

Old 07-13-2013, 10:14 AM   #13
Registered Member

where are your p311 drivers if you have any? your site never even mentions the word drivers. If you don't have or need theem please say so. you also mentin you manual to download but when you go to the download pagh the only think to download is your logo which no user cars about. where is the manual and Drivers win7 64bit
Old 07-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeten View Post
You should make a thread of your own to get help specific to your issue nd maybe read post 9 above
post 9 above says "once you have installed the drivers" which if you read my request you would see it. I have no drivers and you cannot see anything unless you have the drivers.

A simple answer from Arctic would be we do not support drivers and the download page does not have the user manual.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:36 AM   #15
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

That would tend to point to the standard windows bluetooth driver Add a Bluetooth enabled device to your computer