Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Constant driver crashes when gaming

3K views 28 replies 7 participants last post by  Superion 
#1 ·
I got a issue with my GPU. Whenever i play any game my GPU drivers crash and it forces me to go into my task manager and stop the process. This has been going on for a while and it has gotten worse in the last month or so. My GPU is AMD R7 260X 2GB. I'm not sure if my GPU is overclocked, i've never done it myself.

#6 ·
Brand and model of the power supply?

Recommended power supply is 500w. However, a quality unit is much more important than the size rating. So if the existing unit has been in use for awhile, or is a cheap or generic unit, it may not be supplying sufficient power.

What error are you seeing when it crashes (if any)?

As you've reinstalled Windows and the drivers, this would apparently be a hardware fault of some sort. Most common would be the gpu or power supply.

#12 ·
En6rgy13 said:
Not sure about the brand and the model.
You can get the details from the label on the side of the PSU.
En6rgy13 said:
I've not rebooted after reinstalling
You need to reboot after installing the driver to complete the process.

What are the temperatures and voltages in BIOS and while gaming?

#14 ·
Is that 75C at idle or at full load? What's the +12V reading in BIOS and while running a fullscreen game?

Please post the details from the PSU label (make, model, total watts) and the full list of temperatures and voltages. We need to see them all to get a clear picture of how the computer is performing.

EDIT: You can attach a screenshot of HWMonitor and a photo of the BIOS screen to your next reply. :smile:

#19 ·
Have a look through the replies in this thread and see if you've given all the requested information.

JimE asked for your PSU details a week ago in post#6. And we still need to see the in-game temperatures.

Run FurMark for about 10 minutes, until the graph peaks and levels out, to stress-test the graphics card. Post back with a screenshot showing the results.

#23 ·
68C is very high for the starting temperature. It should be around 30C idle and 70C at full load. Remove the graphics card and carefully clean any dirt from the fan blades.

If you're getting the same kind of high temperatures (over 80C) while gaming, this can cause the card to crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.