Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Changed my O.S.

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Wrench97 
#1 ·
In order for me to work from home I hade to change the operating system to a 32 bit. So, it went form a 64 bit Windows 7 to a 32 bit Vista O.S. Ever since the change my ethernet port no longer works. I have to run wireless. I need to get a driver download to fix the ethernet NIC. A yeild sign in the Device Manager is next to: Realtek RTL8101 Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)

I have a Toshiba Satellite L455-S5000. I have checked Toshiba's website for driver downloads for this issue and all they have is the wireless. And since the O.S. change they no longer provide assistance/support for my laptop.

Does anyone have advise for me as where to go to get the correct driver download? I really appreciate any assistance. Thank you.

#2 ·
Look in device manager for any yellow or red marks and get us the DEV and VEN numbers for the devices.

To open "Device Manager", right click on "My Computer" (Computer in Vista/Win7) select Properties, On the Hardware tab Select Device Manager, if you see any yellow question marks, right click on the device and select properties, on the Details tab select Hardware IDs copy the PCI/VEN and DEV numbers and post them on your next post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.