Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Driver Support

Cannot find video controller driver for Windows 7

This is a discussion on Cannot find video controller driver for Windows 7 within the Driver Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I Installed Windows 7 Ultimate on a Dell Latitude D610 that previously had Windows XP. All drivers are updated except

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #1
Registered Member

I Installed Windows 7 Ultimate on a Dell Latitude D610 that previously had Windows XP. All drivers are updated except for the video controller. I cannot find a driver for it that would make it compatible for Windows 7. Can someone please help me with where can I find a compatible driver?? Thank you.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Does Windows 7 not have the basic driver already for the graphics chip?

Try searching the Intel Support Site to search for a driver.

Intel® Product Support

You can try the auto detect feature to see.

Old 04-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #3
Registered Member

AMD Game Forums - Drivers no longer listed on Windows Updates?

They posted a x300 driver for windows 7 and the reason you are having trouble finding a driver.

EDIT: The link to the driver on that post is now dead, here is a complete article on the x300/Windows 7 issue along with a driver.

I cannot insure that the driver is legit or any of that other legal mumbo jumbo.

The IT enthusiast

Double EDIT: I blindly assumed you have the Radeon mobility x300 option due to your inability to get a working driver, verify you do have Radeon graphics before reading any of the information I provided.

The only other option is Intel 900 which I would assume Windows 7 would have picked up on.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FATAL DIRECTX ERROR CODE:3.....plz help
hiii....My system configurations are as follows... Acer 5742g laptop Windows 7 64bit core i3 processor 2.5 ghz 3gb ddr3 ram 500gb hdd Nvidia geforce GT 540M (latest driver 270.61 installed) Directx 11
microtek Windows XP Support 2 04-20-2011 10:52 AM
HDD to record on.
Hi I was looking around for a low size HDD that'll be fast for recording with Fraps. On a game such as MW2 I get stable 70-90 FPS But as soon as i hit that Fraps hotkey, its an instant drop to 30-45fps and it feels terribly laggy. I was thinking of buying a new HDD to record onto, but before...
bhstr99 Hard Drive Support 9 04-03-2011 04:06 PM
[System] Slows down to 13%-20% semi randomly.
Hello this is my first time posting on this forum. Problem: I'll run a program such as Stress Tests or CS:S and roughly within 15 minutes (give or take) I start to stutter and soon as I close the program CS:S I'll look at my processes and notice that system nt kernel is saying anywhere from...
X Myth BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 40 03-28-2011 02:53 AM
Slow/Not responsive
My pc has lately as expected gone very slow and not as responsive. At the start-up especially. I have to wait a good 2mins before touching anything or things start to 'Not respond' and such. I was wondering if you guys could recommend me ANYTHING that I could do to speed up my pc significantly....
bhstr99 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 18 03-26-2011 04:38 PM
virus infection
i'm dealing with a computer that has been infected with the "your computer has been infected, click here to download antivirus softward" popup virus. is there any way at all i can deal with this without wiping the hard drive and installing the os all over again? the virus doesn't allow any...
jillocity Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 4 01-04-2011 10:48 AM