Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Driver Support

Blank screen after wake-up from sleep mode

This is a discussion on Blank screen after wake-up from sleep mode within the Driver Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Like many people, I was experiencing a blank screen everytime I woke up from sleep mode. I had to re-boot

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 03:14 PM   #1
Registered Member

Like many people, I was experiencing a blank screen everytime I woke up from sleep mode. I had to re-boot every time to get my screen to load again. I went looking for answers and found one at the HP Support Forum. If you have an HP computer running Vista and have recently updated your NVidia driver to the latest version and have the same problem this will probably help:

start fragment from HP forum----------------------------------------------
Re: Sceen blank after wakeup from sleep mode

11-11-2009 02:09 AM - last edited on 11-11-2009 02:15 AM

The wakeup with black screen problem which appeared when I upgraded the ram from 1GB to 2GB finally went away for me after I uninstalled the latest NVidia GeForce 6150 LE display driver ver: 7.15.11.7521 and installed an older driver ver: 7.15.11.6222. Both drivers were listed for my HP Pavilion Slimline s7700n. The OS is Vista 32 bits.
end fragment------------------------------------------------------------

What I did instead of uninstalling the newer version and re-installing the older version was go to NVidia properties and click on "roll back driver". That took me from version 7521 back to version 6222. Now my computer comes out of sleep mode just fine.

HP needs to fix that new version. I hope this helps someone...I tried checking to see if this issue has been addressed before, but the "search" function isn't working for me.

Old 12-18-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
Enthusiast

My System

Have you checked the HP site to see if they have posted a fix for that?
Often times they will.

I did find this that could pertain.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...roduct=3340239