Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD Graphics Card Issues?

6K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  CoCoah 
#1 ·
If there is any information that I missed, or anything you need to know, please feel free to post a response including what you need, thanks. :smile:

I have a toshiba satelite c55d-b5102 and I'm having a problem with my AMD Graphics Card. The problems started after I upgraded to Windows 10. I've been up all night trying to find an answer on the web, but unfortunately, no luck. There is a reoccurring problem where my computer will randomly get a black screen (with the HD light still on) and will then hibernate, after 5 or so minutes, but I can still hear sounds coming from the computer. If I close the laptop and wait 20-30 seconds, it will hibernate, and after I turn it on again, it will show the Toshiba laptop splash screen, then immediately jump back to whatever it was that I was doing. This also happens on start up. I've tried uninstalling and then using the AMD auto-updater, uninstalling and then manually downloading the latest driver, doing a clean uninstall for the driver, a cold boot after a clean boot in safe mode, uninstalling from settings, uninstalling from device manager, tried updating the driver through device manager, pretty much everything I could think of, and nothing works. I have no idea why. I bought this computer only two weeks ago, so I know my graphics card isn't out of date. In the device manager, I snooped around a little bit, and this is some info I think is related to the problem:

Device Status: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Under "Details" Tab
DN_HAS_PROBLEM
DN_DISABLEABLE
DN_NT_ENUMERATOR
DN_NT_DRIVER

Problem Code: 0000002B

Has problem: <true>

My device specs:

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU68 °C
Mullins Technology
RAM
8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-12-28)
Motherboard
TOSHIBA ZBWAE (P0)
Graphics
Generic Non-PnP Monitor (1366x768@64Hz)
ATI AMD Radeon R5 Graphics (Toshiba)
Storage
931GB TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100 (SATA)
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208GB
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Sorry about the wall of text, but I wanted to be as thorough as possible. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks to all for reading! :smile:

See less See more
#6 ·
Unfortunately this method did not work either. Did a clean uninstall on the graphics card, downloaded the latest version through Toshiba website, and still nothing. Thanks for the help, though. If there's anything I can do to help you help me, please let me know! Thanks :)

#12 ·
Special thanks to Panther063, Rich-M and JimE for your help.

Since nothing worked, I decided to try going back to Windows 8, as the last time before my driver was working was right before I upgraded to Windows 10. Just checked my driver in the device manager and everything seems fine. It's a shame we couldn't figure out what the problem was, but it was probably just some sort of compatibility issue. Regardless, thanks to all who tried to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.