Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

Windows 7 stuck in x:/windows/system32/cmd.exe

This is a discussion on Windows 7 stuck in x:/windows/system32/cmd.exe within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi sicne last week my laptop u43f of asus is stuck on a black window x:/windows/system32/cmd.exe with a gray background,

Old 11-29-2011, 04:04 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi sicne last week my laptop u43f of asus is stuck on a black window x:/windows/system32/cmd.exe with a gray background, I cannot do anything, even if i click on f8 or f9 the same thing pops up and I cannot reboot anything at all
can somebody advise step by step how to deal and restart my whole laptop?
thx

Old 11-29-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
Moderator hardware team

Use your windows 7 DVD to get the drive booting up it will discover the problems and attempt to repair it

Please mark the thread solved when your question has been answered to your satisfaction

Tools: Memtest IMGBurn SeaTools DOS WD Lifeguard R-Studio GetBackData Easeus Free Clone Software DRDD Partition Find and Mount
Networks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:14 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Networks View Post
Use your windows 7 DVD to get the drive booting up it will discover the problems and attempt to repair it
thx for your reply
I do not have a cd first of all, because new laptop have it all on their fhardrive apparently which I think is really inconvenient
I tried to reboot my whole laptop with f9 on asus but it does not work
by the way x drive is a recovery mode already but it is stuck there so I cannot repari this....

any other help please that you might knwo?
Old 11-30-2011, 04:29 AM   #4
Moderator hardware team

1. Could be a bad drive. 2. Can u borrow a Win7 cd from someone ? 3. Order media from Asus 4. Utility on HDD to build media if you get it working

Please mark the thread solved when your question has been answered to your satisfaction

Tools: Memtest IMGBurn SeaTools DOS WD Lifeguard R-Studio GetBackData Easeus Free Clone Software DRDD Partition Find and Mount
Networks is offline   Reply With Quote