Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

Windows 7 Installation can't find my hard drive. help!

This is a discussion on Windows 7 Installation can't find my hard drive. help! within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Please help me. A month ago I dropped my HP Pavillion dv6-1299ea on the floor causing the hard drive to

Old 12-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

Please help me.

A month ago I dropped my HP Pavillion dv6-1299ea on the floor causing the hard drive to fail - when i when to check the hdd
test it said that nothing was detected.

Today I purchased the same hard drive (2.5 sata WD 320gb) I plugged it in and ran the windows 7 installation and I got to the
part where it says "select the driver to be installed" and nothing is there! Is this because I purchased he hard drive
new and it is wiped and has nothing on it?? How can I solve the problem?? Do I need to install a driver to run the hard drive, but I cant access
my computer because there is no OS installed! I cant find my recovery disk as well :(

Please help ! :(

Old 12-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #2
Administrator

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

and welcome to the Forum

Is the message "select the driver" or Select the Drive"?? What are you using to install fr0om?
Old Rich is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XP Internet Security 2012 Firewall Alert
Hello. Two days ago I got the virus XP Internet Security 2012 Firewall Alert. It does not let me open any file/folder/browser. When I try to google how to remove it, it redirects me to different websites. Please ...
lilbrat0326 Resolved HJT Threads 15 07-03-2011 06:49 PM
.exe problems, and possible Malware issues
Aloha, Need help... not sure what to do, hopefully I posted this correctly this time! Mahalo, Red Eye . DDS (Ver_2011-06-03.01) - NTFSx86 Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_24 Run by Jennifer at 14:07:36 on 2011-06-09
RED EYE TRUKIN Resolved HJT Threads 10 06-28-2011 06:27 AM
Please help I think I may have spyware/malware/virus & possible keylogger?
Hi there My other half was using my laptop yesterday (just regular web surfing) nothing untoward and she called out to me and said you have 30 viruses on your computer do you want me to remove them. Me thinks say what so I come out and have a look and notice - what seem's to be a dodgy...
scottietwenty3 Resolved HJT Threads 50 06-22-2011 11:42 PM
pc blocked
i installed a program ,winmate,and after that my problems started,if i try to open any application ,i get an error, and if i try to run my browser it crashes,so I can only use it in safe mode.I did a scan with antivir and i found an hidden object and 36 warning,now i get a clean report scan ,but my...
ladymushroom Resolved HJT Threads 25 05-10-2011 10:14 PM