Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WD20EARS 2TB Caviar Green SMART errors

SOLVED 
869 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Stancestans 
#1 ·
Is there any way I can fix this?

I tried different cables and different sata slots.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi @lobe44!

I'm sorry to see these bad test results, mate - I know how unpleasant it could be. If you still have access to the data stored on the drive I would suggest to make a backup.

Then you can try to connect your WD Green to another PC in order to eliminate any potential connection related issue, and if it still appears to be such you can run an extended test with Data Lifeguard Diagnostics because the software is tuned to try fixing automatically any errors it finds. Here's a link where you can download it:

Support Answers

Hope this helps and let me know how it went. Feel free to upload some screenshots if you want so I can take a look at the results. :)

#3 ·
Your hdd has bad sectors, which are irreparable physical defects on the surface of the platter, and are responsible for the errors and warnings reported by S. M.A.R.T in the screenshot. It's advisable to replace the drive and stop using it because of uncertainty on how long it'll last before it completely stops working and the high risk of data corruption and loss. You do not wanna go through the pain of irreplaceable data loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.