Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

Using PartedMagic to fix my hard drive

This is a discussion on Using PartedMagic to fix my hard drive within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Trying to testdisk and get Libparted Bug Found in Input/output error during read on /dev/sda and it says Bad GPT

Old 03-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
Registered Member

Trying to testdisk and get Libparted Bug Found in Input/output error during read on /dev/sda and it says Bad GPT partition, invalid signature. Not sure what I should do now. I previously had Vista running with a system32.dll file that had a virus. Stupidly, I found out, I tried to just install an xp system disk I had and of course crashed. So now I am using PartedMagic and trying to wipe the disk clean so I can install xp, can anyone offer any advice, please?

Old 03-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
Moderator hardware team

Download dban and burn to a CD then boot the computer and type quick at the prompt to wipe the drive. no data can be recovered after a drive wipe just so you are aware of this.

Please mark the thread solved when your question has been answered to your satisfaction

Tools: Memtest IMGBurn SeaTools DOS WD Lifeguard R-Studio GetBackData Easeus Free Clone Software DRDD Partition Find and Mount
Networks is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Copy program to User desktop with logon script
Hi, I have to copy a program to the desktop of all the users in the network. i was thinking to push this with a logon script but don't know where to start can somebody help me please. Kind regards Bart
BartCl Windows Servers 8 04-06-2012 04:51 AM
Cannot connect to the internet
My desktop will not connect to the internet at home, but will connect anywhere else I take it. I can bring other desktops or laptops home and they will connect. For a little background, my son installed a router for a couple of months and when he disconnected his computer I lost connectivity with...
eeh1152 Networking Support 20 03-31-2012 11:20 AM
External Hard Drive is Read only on Start-UP every time
I have been having a similar problem. It involves almost any drive formatted in exFat in a USB3 Drive dock. Everytime I plug in the drive, I get the read only problem. Sometimes I run chkdsk on it and it fixes it quickly, sometimes it take s HOURS to work. Even some NTFS drives have this...
dndobson Hard Drive Support 13 03-23-2012 05:53 PM
Partitioning software ruined my Windows 7 !
I bought this Acer laptop about three months ago, and it had only 1 C: partition. The OS is Windows 7 Ultimate and it has worked smoothly and fine until yesterday. Yesterday I wanted to install Linux Ubuntu and so I had to create a new partition. To do that I downloaded this EaseUS Partition...
lenovofreak Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 1 03-23-2012 08:46 AM
Can My Computer Handle It
I have a HP Omnibook 6000 running an Intel Pentium 3 processor at 491mhz andd 384mb of ram. I was wondering if my laptop can handle the technology thrown at it in this kind of technological boom?.?.? Things to help with the stutters, black outs and blue screens would be appreciated. Thanks in...
dsell573 RAM and Power Supply Support 3 03-23-2012 08:41 AM