Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

tricky situation

582 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  RealEstateGuy 
#1 ·
Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help me.. My computer recently got very slow so i treid to defrag it.. But then the defragmenter(diskeepr 2011) told me i had to run a disk check.. So i ran it but befor it start is just diplays that an error occured beacause of recent software installationn and i should run a system restore...

So i did tha but my system restore says i first need to run a disk check and when i do it say that error and i need to run system restore.. So wgat should i do?

Please help me

Thanks

#2 ·
Hello Ruan152:

I just read your post and I'm not sure how to fix your problem but thought I would mention that sometimes (depending on your operating system) you have to make sure that your screensaver is off when you run disk defragmenter otherwise it can cause errors or interrupt the process. Try turning off your screensaver if it is on and if you can get it to run, try not to move the mouse or use the computer at all until it completes.

Definitely a tricky situation. :banghead: Maybe when they add the phrase or new lingo “catch 22” into the dictionary, they could just point to this forum post. Seems like a catch 22 to me…:rofl::rofl:

Well, best of luck and I hope someone comes along that might be able to give you a better answer than me.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.