Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

transfer microsoft office from one hard drive to another!

This is a discussion on transfer microsoft office from one hard drive to another! within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i have just added a new hard drive but i am back to back with the old one, the problem

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 02:17 AM   #1
Registered Member

Confused

i have just added a new hard drive
but i am back to back with the old one, the problem is i have my microsoft office installed on the old hard drive and would like to move it to the new one, i'm a bit uncertain on how to do this as i am worried if i start to move stuff i'll miss something out and the programme won't work properly.

i don't want to keep the old hard drive in and tried taking it out not so long ago and for some reason i could not get any of my music to play in itunes so i added the old hard drive again and it worked! wierd as i actully installed it from scrach on the new one!

can anyone give me a step to step guild of how i should transfer microsoft office and any idears about the itune problem

thanks

Old 02-23-2008, 01:36 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

I can help with the Microsoft Office part of the question.

If you are removing the old hard drive, just reinstall Office from the cd. You can not just copy it over. It will not work. If you are keeping the old hard drive, uninstall office from the old drive using add/remove programs in the control panel. Then install from cd to the new hard drive.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:40 AM   #3
Registered Member

thanks for the reply thats the way i would do it but unfortunatly i don't have the disk for microsoft office as the hard drive was second hand given to me by an old collage room-e

its got many things on it that i would like to keep but its such a small drive and i really don't need it back to back with my new one only thing is , is that it seems to be keeping some of my programmes that i reinstalled working right on the new drive wierd!

thanks again
Old 02-25-2008, 07:08 AM   #4
Certifiable Lazy Bum

Send a message via Yahoo to sobeit

if you received the drive second hand with all the programs installed, then you have pirated software. When you received the drive, you should have received cds for all the software thats on it or the drive should have been empty.

Its against the rules to help with pirated software.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:40 AM   #5
Registered Member

well that i don't know
but i would have thought that if it was pirated softwhere that my genuine windows xp pro would have picked that up!

i'm not in the habbit of getting anything thats pirated thankyou!