Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

Toshiba HDDR250E03X

This is a discussion on Toshiba HDDR250E03X within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, My PC and laptop cannot see my Toshiba HDDR250E03X. The drive is powered by USB 2.0 and the LED

Old 10-15-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via Skype™ to jessgaerlan
Exclamation

Hello,

My PC and laptop cannot see my Toshiba HDDR250E03X. The drive is powered by USB 2.0 and the LED lights up when connected. But explorer does not display the external drive. There are times Windows would search for the driver, to No avail. I've been using this HDD for quite sometime as back-up for pictures and music (ripped from my CD collection) with no problem at all.

I would like to also add that i cannot find a driver for the Toshiba drive online anywhere. I don't know if a driver is needed for the External drive or for the computer.

Thank you in advance for helping me solve this issue.

Many thanks in advance.

jess
/==

Old 10-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #2
Moderator hardware team

Most likely it has failed no drivers are needed its a standard external USB drive. Have you tried a new usb cable from the drive to the computer ? Can you hear or feel the drive spin up when connected can you hear it continue to spin or does it spin back down after 2min ? Anything happen to the drive ? get dropped thrown down ?

Please mark the thread solved when your question has been answered to your satisfaction

Tools: Memtest IMGBurn SeaTools DOS WD Lifeguard R-Studio GetBackData Easeus Free Clone Software DRDD Partition Find and Mount
Networks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via Skype™ to jessgaerlan

Yes, i tried using another usb cable ('y' cable). I can hear the drive spinning but some sort of a weird sound like grinding... for both original cable and 'y' cable. I don't recall of any incident That the drive was dropped or bumped, it was always inside my laptop bag when not in use. Thanks...