Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

Toshiba DVD/HDD not working

This is a discussion on Toshiba DVD/HDD not working within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

I've got a Toshiba RD-XV47KB hard drive, DVD and VCR combination machine.
The hard drive and VHS parts are fine but the DVD player is not working.
There's several items on the hard drive I need to copy over before I throw the damn thing in the bin but the DVD player won't even format a blank disc.
Is there an alternative way of recording material off the hard drive - by using a laptop, for example?
The player has just been in for repair for a separate problem and that cost me £200 so I'm keen to avoid taking it back in if possible. I think the DVD issue is terminal.
All help gratefully received.

Old 07-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #2
Team Manager - Hardware

You can remove the Hdd and slave it to another PC, use an external housing or use a Hdd to USB adapter to retrieve info from the drive.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Tyree is offline   Reply With Quote
Gear in this thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Invisible Ads
I seem to have invisible ads that run on my computer that i cant seem to remove...Help? Logfile of random's system information tool 1.09 (written by random/random) Run by Family at 2012-06-20 16:21:44 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 System drive C: has 541 GB (91%) free of...
DiscGolfer Inactive Malware Help Topics 4 07-06-2012 03:59 PM
Pesky win32.exe virus destroying my laptop, please help
Long story short, I almost lost my laptop to it until I did a sysrestore and ran MSE in safe mode, it found it right away and fixed all of the performance problems I was having. However, just to be sure I ran one last boot scan with avast and it comes up with the same 3 problem files that I've...
dinkleburg Inactive Malware Help Topics 38 04-29-2012 07:28 PM
FN key not working for Toshiba L355d
I was wondering if anyone could help me with getting my FN keys to work. I have recently down-converted from Vista to XP on my Toshiba L355d-S7825 and have installed what I believe to be most of the appropriate drivers for his conversion. As far as I can tell, everything seems to be in order...
kamikazee18 Windows XP Support 3 08-30-2011 10:14 PM
2 USB ports not working in new Toshiba Satellite laptop
2 ports worked originally and then both stopped. Sorry to be new at this - I did check one area in control panel and the usb ports were "enabled". I have windows 7. Thanks in advance for the suggestions!
wendymar Laptop Support 7 02-21-2011 11:51 PM
DVD-RW Not Working: Toshiba A215
I'm hoping someone might be able to help me. I have a Toshiba A215 laptop and the DVD drive has stopped working. I can play CDs, but DVDs are not recognized. I'm trying to burn a DVD and the drive is not recognizing when a DVD-R disc is in the drive. I've used these discs in the past (but...
mindyrs Hard Drive Support 1 01-01-2011 03:54 AM