Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

Thermaltake BlacX Duet seeing only one hard drive at a time

This is a discussion on Thermaltake BlacX Duet seeing only one hard drive at a time within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I need some help, I have a fairly new laptop Asus G51Ja1 that has two internal hard drives, I bought

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 12:16 AM   #1
Registered Member

My System

I need some help,

I have a fairly new laptop Asus G51Ja1 that has two internal hard drives, I bought a Thermaltake BlacX Duet(docking station) for another 2 external hard drives, hooked it up with the esata cables and plugged in hard drive one(3.5" sata 3Gbps). I formatted the drive and it shows up, then I have hard drive two(2.5" sata ncq) placed it in the second dock and nothing shows up. Hard drive two I have been using and already have files on it so I shouldnt have to format it. I remove hard drive one and place hard drive two into the docking station and my computer detects it. So that tells me both drives are working just not at the same time, throughout this testing my internal hard drives always appears. Please tell me what I need to do to make this happen.

Thank you in advance.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Hi,

Here's something you could try:

Connect both the hard drives you want to be docked to the docking station, then plug it into your laptop like normal. Then go into the Device Management console (if you know how) and find the entry pertaining to the docking station, although I'm not sure what category this would come under. Perhaps 'Storage controllers' or similar?

Once you've found said entry, right-click on it and select 'Uninstall'. Then you can do one of two things (with the docking station still connected): either click the button at the top entitled 'Scan for hardware changes', or restart the computer. Either way Windows should try to re-install the drivers for the docking station, and then accordingly mount the drives and auto-assign each drive a drive letter for access under 'My Computer' (or 'Computer' under Vista or 7).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jon.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:18 PM   #3
Registered Member

My System

solved