Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

[SOLVED] Multiple External Hard Drives Problem

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Multiple External Hard Drives Problem within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've recently bought a second external hard drive, a 3TB WD My Book Essential. And my first ext. hdd is

Old 03-31-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
Registered Member

I've recently bought a second external hard drive, a 3TB WD My Book Essential. And my first ext. hdd is the exact same make and model, and yet when I have both of them plugged in at the same time I can only see one of them in my computer. In device manager under drives and under the WD branch, it says there are two hard drives. Yet I can only see one in my computer.
I have them both plugged in to a 7-Port Powered Desktop HUB, as well as a third external hardrive which does show up. I have tried renaming the hard drives, plugging in one first then the other but the second one never shows up. Help Please :/

Old 03-31-2012, 09:41 PM   #2
Registered Member

After further investigation, I've come to find that its a signature collision after examining it through disk manager. Can anyone help me resolve this problem?

Old 03-31-2012, 09:46 PM   #3
Moderator hardware team

are both drives a clone of each other ? Thats the only way the signature could be the same if yes one of the drives has to change ie format or wipe etc Not sure what your goal is with this issue

Please mark the thread solved when your question has been answered to your satisfaction

Tools: Memtest IMGBurn SeaTools DOS WD Lifeguard R-Studio GetBackData Easeus Free Clone Software DRDD Partition Find and Mount
Networks is offline   Reply With Quote

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Changed PSU But Hard Drives doesn't have power.
I recently changed my PSU and when I boot I get 2 beeps and a message that says No bootable disk. When I go to system setup all my SATA Disks are off. If I turn then on the computer boots but with the Same error. Any help would be appreciated.
lornaevo RAM and Power Supply Support 15 04-01-2012 10:42 AM
Weird Ram Problem
I had made an earlier post about my computer crashing while rendering video. But after hours of troubleshooting, I have found that when I try to dual channel my two sticks of corsair ram, the computer shuts off as if someone unplugged it while rendering. But when I tested with just 1 stick in all...
Kuledud3 RAM and Power Supply Support 3 04-01-2012 06:18 AM
PSU Problem
Hi, I just bought a new PSU and it's a XFX PRO550w core edition. It took me a while but I got everything connected and it now seems to be working fine however there is not much space in my case so that might be a problem. Anyway, I no longer have a cd/dvd drive when I click start then my...
UnrealChamp RAM and Power Supply Support 7 04-01-2012 06:16 AM
Problem with wow
Helo all! I have a problem with runing wow,its writes "Failed to find suitable display device, Exiting program" The DxDiag file: ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 3/31/2012, 17:21:48 Machine name: PERSONAL-422AEA Operating System:...
Vladon95 Online/Network Gaming Support 3 03-31-2012 04:08 PM
Counter Strike 1.6 Non Steam Problem!
Hi everybody So i was trying to play Cs 1.6 and a problem occured. Usually everybody have a menu with this items: - New game - Finds Servers - Options - Quit Since i started to play online (about...one week), another item appeared on the menu, below the "Quit" buttom, called "SAMURAI...
logitech225 PC Gaming Support 5 03-31-2012 02:48 PM