Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

[SOLVED] Boot/BCD 0xc000000f Error Windows 7

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Boot/BCD 0xc000000f Error Windows 7 within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am running a Toshiba A505-s6995 laptop, Win 7 Prem., 64bit, 6gb ram. The system became unstable and very slow

Old 09-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
Registered Member

I am running a Toshiba A505-s6995 laptop, Win 7 Prem., 64bit, 6gb ram. The system became unstable and very slow and system restore didn't fix anything. I tried a system recovery and it went through the program. It seemed to be ok for a few hours and now it won't boot at all and gives the message on title block above.
I tried a repair with my cd and it says it cannot find any problem. I don't see a way to get a CP to try a fixboot or fixmbr.
I also went into the bios and it is showing the following as boot order:
1- HDD #1 /SSD #1 Toshiba MK5055GSX (S2)
2- ESATA HDD
3- CD/DVD
4- FDD
5- LAN
6- USB

I thought the HDD would be drive 0
I would appreciate any help possible.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
Registered Member

It sounds like a possible bad ram stick.Might want to put one stick in at a time and see which one doesn't boot.

Old 09-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #3
Moderator hardware team

I worked on a similar setup today doing the same BSOD error it was spyware cleaned it in safe mode with combofix however you may want to start a new post in the spyware section of the forum.

Please mark the thread solved when your question has been answered to your satisfaction

Tools: Memtest IMGBurn SeaTools DOS WD Lifeguard R-Studio GetBackData Easeus Free Clone Software DRDD Partition Find and Mount
Networks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
Registered Member

Thanks for the replies. It isn't an infection since I did do a full system recovery. I did run scans prior to that however. They found nothing. I also ran memtest86 for an hour, but I will replace the ram anyway. I ran a hd test which stated it had some bad sectors. That may be my issue although I don't have a reliable hd test program.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:51 AM   #5
Registered Member

I have it solved....the hd is bad. I took one out of another pc and it boots fine.
Thanks for the help.