well, recently i bought new caviar green 1tb harddisk, 32mb cache.
as i was REALLY happy that FINALLY i got this bloody thingy & in the end I was NOT that happy again because the bios hardly to recognized the presence of the HDD.
I try many methods to make it appear though such as:
1. I swap, change, reverse & even "etc" the sata cable to the port (there are 4 sata ports).
2. The mobo recently underwent intensive flashing (3 times).The bios is the mod one( the old one to latest one to mod one again ).I even try used the latest bios & still the HDD wont reveal itself.
3. I try to minimize the power consumption of the mobo in hope that the HDD would run as if it was "more energetic" by disconnect my 2 old IDE HDD from the mobo.
-The new HDD (caviar green) seems to be spin & make some regular noise when the computer start & then suddenly it became quiet.The vibration... I don't know how to describe it but to me the HDD is kind of working though...I think.
- Computer would start but the green bios page hangs up & take a while to boot into windows.
4. When I press tab in order to make the post page lurk after the first bios page, the log described that the SATA...IDE device are not detected.
5. When I disable the AHCI, the post page after the bios page would describe that the there are error on the sata drive(I think its refering to the New HDD though). then it said "Invalid @ corrupted partition).
6. I try to disable the IDE device on the bios but....fail.
The most prominent thing that the window boots normally, no new HDD device detected.I explore in to management console, the New HDD are not listed in PARTITION MANAGER.
When I try to explore the device manager, miraculously under the disk drive, the new HDD recognized as SCSI device.I open the properties , i found that it has no volume....whatever.BUT IT SAYS THE DEVICE WORKS FINE...OH GOD THIS REALLY PISSED me off & I wonder why.
So Guys....I dont really what to say.....but one thing that's for sure...please HELP ME.......HUHUHU.
Anyway this were the PC specs:
1.Motherboard ASUS M2N68-AM PLUS
2.AMD SEMPRON DUAL 2100
3.40 Gb (Primary) + 80 Gb (Slave) Maxtor HDD
+ Caviar Green Western Digital 1 Tb, 32 Mb cache (the problematic one)
4.Bios- mod version (ASUS_M2N68-AM_Plus_0804_ASUS_SLP_SLIC_2.1_SSV3)
5.OS- winxp sp3.