Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

SATA Hot swap not working

This is a discussion on SATA Hot swap not working within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ever since I got my new motherboard, a Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5, I no longer have hot swap capability on my SATA

Old 03-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
Registered Member

Ever since I got my new motherboard, a Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5, I no longer have hot swap capability on my SATA ports and always need to do a "Scan for hardware changes" whenever I swap my SATA disk in my front drive bay.

It's not a huge problem but is an unnecessary PITA I'd like to get resolved. My old motherboard didn't have this problem, I have a feeling it's just a question of installing compatible SATA drivers, but how do I know which drivers support hot swap?

Thanks

Old 03-23-2012, 02:25 AM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

is the bios set for sata as achi

Old 03-23-2012, 02:26 AM   #3
Registered Member

Yes it is, I know with my old motherboard I had a similar issue due to the drivers I was using and different drivers solved the issue.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Error Message: The memory could not be written.
So, my HP Mini just crashed and before I tried to restart this thing an error message popped-up. It said "The instruction at 0x5b7522c0 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be written. Click on OK to terminate program". It took a lot of time to restart and in the middle of it there...
yemilee Laptop Support 22 05-07-2012 10:24 PM
The device is not ready error
anyone help me to fix this error..it's always appeared everytime i click an application...how can i fix this error..
auntler Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 4 03-27-2012 09:17 AM
Netgear N150 DGN1000 not finding internet connection
Hi, I have just picked up an ADSL Netgear N150 DGN1000 router as my old router (just some branded old thing from my ISP has started playing up a bit due to age more than anything else) but for some reason it is not seeing my internet connection at all. I've reset it factory default twice and...
Santis Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 1 03-24-2012 05:19 AM
[SOLVED] CD-RW DRive not working - HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GSA-H60L SCSI
I tried to install some new anti-virus software this morning. I uninstalled Norton, and put the new progam cd in the drive, only to have it not work. with some digging around I went to device manager to see what the issue is. I was met with this error message: "Windows cannot load the...
Sawatzky Driver Support 3 03-22-2012 02:46 PM
[SOLVED] Adobe Fash player will not install.
I'm running Windows XP Home Edition and tried to install Adobe Flash Player 11 on my system. When I do it says that it is installed, but, when I click on finish it comes up with this message. windows cannot find Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player player/completion/aih/?exitcode=0 Make sure you...
satisfier23 Windows XP Support 1 03-22-2012 08:05 AM