Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recommended back-up software?

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
Hi there,

So I'm going to be doing a clean-up on my HDDs ready for the install of my SSD and was wondering if there are any recommended pieces of software (preferably freeware) which I can use to ensure I can manage backups which automatically update on-change if needed.

Thoughts?

Cheers

KugarWeb

#3 ·
Hmm that was my thought as well to be honest from what I've seen of backup software. Doing it manually always ends up that I haven't copied something across properly so it would be good to have something to manage it.

Sorry I should have clarified that this would be local backups from HDD to HDD rather than through the cloud (though I do tend to upload essential files to my contract-included cloud services)

I guess one solution would be to make a copy of everything and backup every month but to be honest I haven't got the time and it doesn't seem overly practical. If a file was backed up every time I changed it that would make things a lot easier, and if I wanted to have different versions (i.e. progress or changes to web pages) I could do this manually and have the software back this up.

EDIT: I guess the commercial version of this would be tapes that get updated daily, though for domestic use this obviously isn't practical :)

#5 ·
Choose an application which allows for scheduled incremental and/or differential backups (backs up only those files which have changed since the last backup).

I use the free version of Aomei. Very configurable, allows for both incremental and differential backups, will back up the entire PC, or only specific drives or even specific files. Operates in the background using minimal resources.

#7 ·
Aomei Backupper (and probably many other backup applications) can also create a system image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.