Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

PC suddenly crashed!

This is a discussion on PC suddenly crashed! within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I recently hooked this old one back up... it is xp pro,intel p4, 250gb hdd,nvidia 5500 graphics. I was burning

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 07:00 AM   #1
Registered Member

Pencil

I recently hooked this old one back up... it is xp pro,intel p4, 250gb hdd,nvidia 5500 graphics. I was burning old cd's into I tunes all day when
all of a sudden first ITUNES freaked out and said it was installed wrong and I couldnt get names etc.. I thought what!! well it was weird but I continued to burn cd and then the whole PC crashed. It now get to the first splash screen and stops. at bottom it says f4 to continue. I Press that and then it try's to load. wont load so i shut it down. For 2 days i have tried booting to safe mode and booting to orginal xp disc. it wont let me. it first told me i have missing or corrupt file system32/drivers/ntfs.sys I have tried multple times to fix using r and it wont fis it. chkdsk /r doesnt work either. now last nights latest sysyem32/drivers/pci.sys error missing or corrupt.
F8 lets me get to safe mode menu but it wont load it gives error. it wont recognize the L when i tried to select last known good config. I cleaned out pc and everything seems tight and to be working. I have alot of files on here that i would like to save if possible. dont know where to go from here some kind of boot disk bart? or knoppix or what... I never used knoppix but seems i read something about using it to get files.. Oh I also popped in the wd floppy and it said it was 7 ntfs 250 gb hdd.. but yet it seems xp disk wants to totaly re partion it and start over....I have never reformatted a pc either.. so I am at a total loss and need HELP!!!! thanks in advance for any tips!!

Old 06-07-2009, 11:07 AM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them