Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

My Elements 1023 1tb hdd wont show on my computer

This is a discussion on My Elements 1023 1tb hdd wont show on my computer within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hello, i have been reading other threads on this particular hdd. i was wondering if the 2 pins here would

Old 01-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
Registered Member

hello, i have been reading other threads on this particular hdd. i was wondering if the 2 pins here would be a reset jumper?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot(7).jpg
Views:	24
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	102822  

Old 01-03-2012, 06:45 AM   #2
Enthusiast

Have you checked if Disk Management is detecting it? If it is, it may simply need a drive letter manually assigning to it. That's a common problem with external drives, and of course, no drive letter means Windows Explorer cannot show that drive.

So have a look in Control Panel > Admin Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management before dismantling anything!

If it is listed there, right-click it's schematic ribbon and choose "Change Drive Letter & Paths". Then click "New" and choose a letter. Click 'OK'.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Computer won't start, can't find HDD, reseat
Hi! I have a Dell Inspiron 1545, running Windows Vista. Twice in the last couple of weeks, my computer has shown the BSoD, and then beeped and had a message that said the HDD couldn't be detected, and it told me to "Reseat" it. Here is the error message: "Internal hard disk drive not found. to...
afcc Laptop Support 3 01-16-2011 10:12 PM
WD 2TB Elements not recognized in My Computer
I bought a WD 2TB Elements External Drive on Black Friday 2010. It worked fine for about two weeks before I packed up my computer, unplugging and leaving my hard drive right where it was, and went on a two week trip out of state. I came back, plugged everything back in and booted the computer up....
parkerwyoung Hard Drive Support 1 01-15-2011 06:17 PM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM