Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

M3N-HT

This is a discussion on M3N-HT within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. excuse my ignorance, i have an m3n-ht mb, configured as: 1 sata w/operating sys. i want: 2nd sata as a

Old 03-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
Registered Member

excuse my ignorance,
i have an m3n-ht mb, configured as:
1 sata w/operating sys.
i want:
2nd sata as a stand alone with no OS installed.
e.g. ..........c: w/operating sys., e: stand alone.
or does the stand alone (e:) have to be a udma drive

Old 03-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

You can add as many SATA drives as your motherboard and PSU will support. There does not have to be an OS on the drive, nor does the drive have to be a PATA/UDMA/IDE drive.Just make sure that the SATA port is enabled in Setup (Bios) They usually are by default. This is a great solution to keep a current backup of your C: drive in case of HDD Failure. You can add a USB/SATA or eSATA drive if you prefer.

spunk.funk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
Hardware Tech Team

My System

You should have no problem installing the drive.

One will contain the OS (C:) and the other can be for data

You just may need to make sure the correct drive is selected in as the Boot drive in the BIOS.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
samsung home theater model: HT-DS1100
i have a samsung home theater system, model# HT-DS1100, i plugged in a Skype head set into the microphone jack. Now i have no audio output to the 5 speakers or the bass unit, all i get is some static no sound. All functions are still working. Is there some type of reset, or do i need to send to...
bmwxj400 Home Theater 0 10-26-2011 08:14 AM
Samsung HT-BD1252 Blu-ray Home Cinema 5.1 USER AND PASSWORD INCORRECT PROBLEM
HELP PLEASE,im trying to connect my Samsung HT-BD1252 Blu-ray Home Cinema 5.1 to my pc wirelessly,ive got as far as the blu ray player finding the pc but asks for a user and then password for login and everything ive tried is wrong,tried it with a laptp as well and same,anyone else had this problem...
redstripeu2 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 0 10-12-2011 02:12 AM
Samsung HT C7200
I recently bought a Samsung HT C7200 and it will not play and other disc but blu ray, the sales man said it would, now there is supposed to be an upgrade to allow it to play? Anyone now of this problem because I would rather have my money back if it is not curable!! :4-sunshin
ex-sailorman Home Theater 1 08-26-2011 05:27 AM
[SOLVED] HT vs Physical cores?
Which is better and why o.O I mean 2core with 4threads or 4core with 4threads? Example: Core i3-2100 (3,1GHz) or Core i5-2300(2,8GHz) is better? And why? o.o
csoty Motherboards, Bios & CPU 1 08-15-2011 04:23 PM
Samsung HT-AS720 home theater problem
Hi, this is my first post and was hoping for some help or advice. My samsung home theater is not working and i do not know how to fix it. I've tried many times to contact samsung's customer service but they suck. my problem is the receiver to my HT-AS720 home theater system is stuck in head...
langer714s Home Theater 1 05-18-2011 05:50 AM