Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

IDE to SATA problem

This is a discussion on IDE to SATA problem within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, i have an IDE to SATA http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812186078&cm_re=sata_to_ide-_-12-186-078-_-Product connecting my dvd drive which is an LG GDR-8162B. I have everything

Old 05-05-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, i have an IDE to SATA http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812186078&cm_re=sata_to_ide-_-12-186-078-_-Product connecting my dvd drive which is an LG GDR-8162B. I have everything setup properly i'm pretty sure. My computer installed the drivers and shows it in the device manager and bios. I try putting in a disk but it always says there isn't any in there, I tried a music cd, a moive, a game, a burned data disk and even a blank disk, no luck. ive tried setting the adapter and drive to cable select, master and slave modes and still no luck. what do you think is worng, if you think its something is faulty would it be the dvd drive or the adapter, if im doing something wrong what am i dong wrong? thanks ahead of time for your help

Old 05-06-2011, 12:59 AM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

try this

Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media

Old 05-06-2011, 11:51 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dai View Post
it says could find link
Old 05-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
Moderator hardware team

Can you tell us more about how you have it connected ? I will assume the converter is plugged into the CD Drive IDE port and you have SATA cable going to the motherboard. I assume the motherboard has no IDE port on it as well. Since we don't have access to the instructions that came with the converter I would say the CD Drive needs to be jumpered as a master since all SATA devices are master on each port unlike IDE. Do you know 100% the CD Drive is ok.

Please mark the thread solved when your question has been answered to your satisfaction

Tools: Memtest IMGBurn SeaTools DOS WD Lifeguard R-Studio GetBackData Easeus Free Clone Software DRDD Partition Find and Mount
Networks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:09 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Networks View Post
Can you tell us more about how you have it connected ? I will assume the converter is plugged into the CD Drive IDE port and you have SATA cable going to the motherboard. I assume the motherboard has no IDE port on it as well. Since we don't have access to the instructions that came with the converter I would say the CD Drive needs to be jumpered as a master since all SATA devices are master on each port unlike IDE. Do you know 100% the CD Drive is ok.
ya i actually tried it it a different computer and just decided to leave it in it but thanks for the help anyways