Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HELP Disk Boot Failure

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  d_animality 
#1 ·
Okay i recently sent my PC for cleaning services, applying new thermal paste and replacing my old PSU... however when its all done the technician called me that there is an error with my primary HDD, he cant enter into BIOS, he said its faulty already.. i was shocked as it was fine before

So i took the PC home and try to see it myself, upon restart... when it is towards the end.. bfore loading windows.. a message appears "DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"

hmm... and so it goes... i cant do anything, how to fix this? im trying to repair windows but im not sure how it works with this Windows 10.. can u help? I tried unplugging/replugging the SATA cable... still the same...

#2 ·
Entering the BIOS, has nothing to do with the hard drive. To get into the BIOS you need to press the DEL, F1, or F2 key, depending on the model of the computer.

Where I would start, going on the assumption that everything worked before the maintenance on the computer.

First with the computer powered down, double check the connections to the hard drive, power and data if it is a SATA connection make sure it is plugged into the SATA1 plug on the motherboard. Next power up the computer, and get into the BIOS. You should have a screen that will say "Press a key to enter setup" (Note, the a will be a key listed above).

Once in the BIOS, verify the hard drive is recognized, the under the BOOT tab make sure it is listed as the first boot device. If it is not recognized it may have failed.

#6 ·
You should have created a recovery USB after installing Windows 10. At this point you can't do it from your PC since you can't boot.

Have you tried a different sata port and have you tried a different cable.

Windows 10 should try and launch the recovery options if the system fails to start multiple times. Some systems I've worked on have launched the repair mode after 3 failed attempts to boot.

#7 ·
#8 ·
I bought the sata deck so i can access the HDD and copy the important file and reinstall windows... One thing im concern... Im getting a new WD Black 1TB HDD to replace this faulty blue WD HDD... So my problem is... My windows 10 im getting from updating from Win 7... There is no KEY... So will window b able to verify it?

#9 ·
UPDATE: ive tried using the dock and unfortunately the HDD cannot be accessed so yea its dead :'( luckily its only system data so i can just reinstall but yea hopefully nothing important is there

Anyway so i have few question:

1) regarding my OS how its gonna verify?
2) im a big fan of WD HDD.. So tomorrow im getting a new one.. Mybe im gonna go for 1TB this time... Is it ok if i buy the BLACK 1TB WD HDD? Or are u suggesting for the BLUE? Or maybe other brand that is more reliable?

#10 ·
#13 · (Edited)
oh cool i dint know that... well my mobo is Abit IP35 pro, it supports SATA II so i think it can have the SSD... hmm.. should i go for it? or i am planning to get the WD10EZEX due to its hype reviews over the internet.. however SSD here is quite expensive... maybe i should wait for the price go down further... lol...

oh im goin for the WD Blue 1TB for the system as the last tym i have the 500GB, i almost filled it up with games/ iphone backups and sorts :D... i was actually planning for the Black but then i googled up that blue is better for the system due to its faster than black and black is better for saving document due to its durability... what do u guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.