Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

HDD 500 GB, not initialized, unknown disk, unalloced space.

This is a discussion on HDD 500 GB, not initialized, unknown disk, unalloced space. within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I belive this problem lead the problem of my partition recover. http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...em-581319.html When i try to initialize disk, it give

Old 06-18-2011, 02:13 AM   #1
Registered Member

I belive this problem lead the problem of my partition recover.

HDD 500, 2 Partition, deleted. Recover problem ?

When i try to initialize disk, it give me error.
In the image, u can see my problem. Anywhone can help ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled3.png
Views:	41
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	93627  

Old 06-18-2011, 07:16 AM   #2
Enthusiast

"Data Error - Cyclic Redundancy Check" usually means the drive has failed or the installed RAM is faulty. You can test both as follows:

Hard Drive: test with the drive manaufacturer's diagnostic software for DOS, which runs from a bootable CD. The links are at top of this page: Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

RAM: test with memtest86 which also runs from a bootable CD. Download the ISO file to make your own CD from here: Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
registry errors
Hi Ried, Lately, my laptop speed has decreased significantly. Every time I open the engineering software SolidWorks (SW) 2009, it terminates prematurely. I basically have to wait forever for my laptop to boot-up and about 3 days ago my anti-virus, Kaspersky Internet Systems 2011...
Shackkster Resolved HJT Threads 101 06-07-2011 11:30 PM
Browser Hijacked HELP!
HELP, Anyone could help me i accidently clicked somewhere and now my browser keeps redirecting. I cleaned my hosts file and did 3 spybot scan, deleted some weird .exe file in my temp folder, here is HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4 Scan saved at 16:59:08, on 2011-03-21...
mathix Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 1 03-21-2011 03:26 PM
Windows 7 BSOD - Memory management
Been getting BSOD. Sometimes twice a night, sometimes none. This hass been for weeks. Sometimes I get stuck in a reboot loop, sometimes it wants to run Repair, sometimes it wants me to choose safe mode/no safe mode. Pulled out two 1GB sticks of old dell memory yesterday when it was stuck in a...
dj-anakin BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 7 02-21-2011 03:27 PM
BSOD on my home Win7 HTPC [moved from V/7]
I have an HTPC that I built dedicated to running Windows Media Center. Media Center and supporting apps are all that it does and I do not install software on there beyond my based Media Center applications. Recently I have started to get a BSOD with different messages. One time it says...
AndresE BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 27 02-15-2011 09:11 PM
[SOLVED] CPU always working at 13/16%.
Hi. My cpu is always at 13/16%. I have checked for viruses malware with kaspersky and windows defender but dont found nothing. I also checked with HJT but dont found nothing bad there. What can be this? I am still very noob tech. Here is my HJT log.
wolfvt13 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 7 01-01-2011 08:44 PM