Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

Harddrive beeping

This is a discussion on Harddrive beeping within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i own a 1TB Seagate expansion external drive whenever i plug in the power for it it just starts making

Old 09-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
Registered Member

i own a 1TB Seagate expansion external drive
whenever i plug in the power for it it just starts making 1 monotonous beep every 3 seconds and does nothing else, if i plug in the usb nothing happens and it just continous 1 every 3 seconds monotonous beep

Old 09-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #2
Moderator hardware team

Sounds like the drive is seized and not spinning. Can you hear or feel it spinning

Please mark the thread solved when your question has been answered to your satisfaction

Tools: Memtest IMGBurn SeaTools DOS WD Lifeguard R-Studio GetBackData Easeus Free Clone Software DRDD Partition Find and Mount
Networks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
Registered Member

i cant hear it spinning
Old 09-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #4
Moderator hardware team

It's siezed up DIY not an option if you need data send to pro for recovery

Please mark the thread solved when your question has been answered to your satisfaction

Tools: Memtest IMGBurn SeaTools DOS WD Lifeguard R-Studio GetBackData Easeus Free Clone Software DRDD Partition Find and Mount
Networks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #5
Registered Member

thank you for the help

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] installing a SATA harddrive on an IDE laptop computer
I don't know the essential tools I need to build a SATA harddrive to IDE laptop computer converter adapter. Will my attempt to used a SATA harddrive on an IDE computer also be an impediment since on my 320 gb SATA laptop harddrive, I have windows xp as an OS and on my 60 gb IDE harddrive, I have...
Pentazoid Hard Drive Support 19 12-21-2012 10:52 AM
Switch from SATA to PATA harddrive problems.
hey guys, so i guess ill start from the beginning trying to give all the details i can. about a year and a half ago in my pc my WD400 40 gig PATA/IDE harddrive died and i upgraded to a WD 500 gig SATA harddrive, no issues. Last week i got my new computer and added that WD 500 gig SATA harddrive...
Corso Hard Drive Support 3 05-26-2011 03:31 PM
Continuous beeping
I just had to do a clean reinstall of windows XP on my PC today because it got screwed up by some sort of a virus, I reinstalled all drivers and downloaded the essential programs. My problem: after I downloaded and installed the Realtek HD audio codecs, my loudspeakers keep beeping. I'm not very...
Kaapola Sound Cards 1 03-21-2011 12:30 PM
Harddrive Failure, need decisions
HP DV9700 laptop's default harddrive just died and has all the recovery partitions on it. I do have the windows restore cds that I created from it (the ones that you can only create once), however I have never used them before and always formatted using f11. I get the boot.cde error that I googled...
rakasan Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 10 03-18-2011 05:11 AM
Need to resurrect this harddrive.
I have a harddrive with the pictures and videos of my children in it, and it seems to have died. I've plugged it into an external harddrive and felt the harddrive does get warm, however there is no sounds of it spinning at all. I've done some research, and two possibilities have come up for me;...
xShrimp Hard Drive Support 2 02-25-2011 06:46 PM