Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

hard drive replacement for 6 year old laptop

This is a discussion on hard drive replacement for 6 year old laptop within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I need to replace the hard drive on my daughters 6 year old laptop: hp pavillion dv2000. it came with

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 09:49 AM   #1
Registered Member

I need to replace the hard drive on my daughters 6 year old laptop: hp pavillion dv2000. it came with a seagate 100GB sata harddrive but i would like to upgrade if possible. i know nothing about hard drives so i dont know what will work. what are my options? thanks

Old 02-02-2011, 05:27 AM   #2
Enthusiast

Any 2.5-inch hard drive with a SATA interface can be used. 320GB or 500GB is now the norm for most laptop drives.

There are no wires or cables to connect as laptop hard drives simply clip into a fixed contact plate at one end, similar to the laptop's battery.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WD2500BEKT laptop hard drive temperature too high
Hi. I recently bought a new hard drive for my laptop, because I wanted a bit more space for my files and a bit of increase in speed when copying. So I opted for the WD2500BEKT (Western Digital, 2.5 inch, 250 GB, 7200 rpm). The big problem is that in my humble opinion it's running too hot. Idle...
birrbert Hard Drive Support 4 05-05-2011 10:38 AM
HP G60-120US Laptop & possible hard drive failure?
What I know about the laptop by just looking at it: HP G60-120US Notebook PC Runs Windows Vista AMD Turion X2 64 About 3 months ago, I dropped my laptop. It slipped off the couch and a corner hit the floor. Everything worked fine for about 2 weeks. The laptop would turn on, and I would...
aquafresh0126 Laptop Support 0 01-23-2011 02:51 PM
Dell Latitude D620 - read failure on internal hard drive
I am a computer tech and I have a client that has a Dell Latitude D620 running XP Professional. Problem is that when you turn it on it gets to a black screen that says "read failure on internal hard drive". Obviously from the message it seems like a bad hard drive. I have ran the 1st part...
tcsllc Laptop Support 7 01-17-2011 01:19 PM
Gateway hard drive in Compaq laptop; only works in Safe Mode
My Compaq laptop hard drive failed. The Gateway laptop motherboard failed. So, I put the Gateway hard drive (Vista) in the Compaq laptop (XP). The laptop will work in Safe Mode with Networking and has access online. It will not boot up regularly and the audio is not working. What drivers...
lobrien1216 Laptop Support 3 01-10-2011 03:23 PM
[SOLVED] Replacing exsisting SATA hard drive problem
My external hard drive recently stopped working. I have found that this due to a problem with the USB chip, so I have removed the hard drive from it's casing and am trying to find out how to get the information from it. My thoughts were to try and connect it to my desktop PC internally where I...
grantrough Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 7 01-03-2011 02:19 PM