Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

Hard Disk Failure Is Imminent??

This is a discussion on Hard Disk Failure Is Imminent?? within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi techs i`m getting this error with a pc that i`m fixing, 1st time i`m experiencing this problem, machine in

Old 04-19-2011, 07:35 PM   #1
Registered Member

hi techs i`m getting this error with a pc that i`m fixing, 1st time i`m experiencing this problem,
machine in focus is a compaq, has an amd sempron processor 2.30Ghz. 2gb ddr2 ram
came with windows 7,

problem is i keep getting the message on booting up:
HARD DISK FAILURE IS IMMINENT. PLEASE BACK UP YOUR HARD DISK AND HAVE IT REPLACED!

is this a possibility that the hdd is gone????

Old 04-19-2011, 07:41 PM   #2
Sr. Tech, TSF Team Emeritus Microsoft Support Staff

My System

Most likely it is. You can find your HDD manufacturer's website you can download their diagnostic software.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Seems like the HDD is failing. Back up your important data ASAP. Test the drive using WD Data Lifeguard diagnostics (you don't need to have a WD drive to use it) or your own manufacturer one.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

Backup any important data, or, better, all of the data before you run any diagnostics.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:17 PM   #5
Registered Member

thanks for the feedback guys. i think the hard drive is gone

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
registry errors
Hi Ried, Lately, my laptop speed has decreased significantly. Every time I open the engineering software SolidWorks (SW) 2009, it terminates prematurely. I basically have to wait forever for my laptop to boot-up and about 3 days ago my anti-virus, Kaspersky Internet Systems 2011...
Shackkster Resolved HJT Threads 101 06-07-2011 11:30 PM
SMART DIsk imminent Failure
I have a HP G71 and I have received this message on a black screan SMART Hard Disk Error THe SMART hard disk check has detected an imminent failure. To ensure not data loss, please backup the content immediately and run the Hard Disk Test in System Diagnostics Hard Disk (301) F2...
valley1222 Hard Drive Support 7 05-22-2011 07:04 PM
Imminent Hard Drive Failure
Hi everyone, If you are on the Trainz Discussion forums (where I've got 250+ posts), you may know me by the username "TorenHynes" better. Here's the question. On another computer running Windows 7 Professional with virtual machine, both the BIOS and Windows are warning of imminent hard disk...
CN_Rail Hard Drive Support 13 04-20-2011 04:42 AM
Windows 7 BSOD - Memory management
Been getting BSOD. Sometimes twice a night, sometimes none. This hass been for weeks. Sometimes I get stuck in a reboot loop, sometimes it wants to run Repair, sometimes it wants me to choose safe mode/no safe mode. Pulled out two 1GB sticks of old dell memory yesterday when it was stuck in a...
dj-anakin BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 7 02-21-2011 03:27 PM
Potential Hard Disk 2 Failure, Press F1...
Hi, Everytime i boot my laptop up i get that message. The laptop is very basic only used for browsing the internet. My mum gave it to me, she got it free with a laptop with her new phone contract. The laptop loads up when i continue, however it crashes all the time when loading Firefox and...
pbul2004 Hard Drive Support 1 02-20-2011 02:11 PM