Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

External HDD (Data Error: Cyclic Redundancy Check) Help!

This is a discussion on External HDD (Data Error: Cyclic Redundancy Check) Help! within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey :) Well I'm having a little problem with my external hard drive. It's a 1TB Hitachi Simpledrive. I have

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 04:00 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hey :)

Well I'm having a little problem with my external hard drive. It's a 1TB Hitachi Simpledrive. I have it set up with 3 partitions, a 500gb partition, a 70gb partition and a 360gb partition. Now my problem is with the 360gb partition. I'm running windows 7 32bit and under my computer, all the partitions are there, but there no bar with disk space for the 360gb, but there is on the others. I can access the others perfectly fine but the 360gb partition is throwing me this error. The hard drive is in disk management and it says the 360gb partition is a RAW Healthy (Primary Partition). How can I access it or fix it?

I can format it but I would need all the files on this partition first as it's got some valuable files I need.

Also, the problem started after I unplugged it from my old XP machine and plugged it into this one.

Thanks, Chris

Old 07-11-2010, 05:54 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Scan the partition with r-studio or get databack demos and see if they can find the files. Register the one that does the best job of recovery, and copy the data out to another drive. Then go ahead and format..