Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

External HD Not accessible , the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable

This is a discussion on External HD Not accessible , the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi , i have 250 GB WD external Harddrive , i have powerstorm black out and then suddenly the harddrive

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #1
Registered Member

hi ,
i have 250 GB WD external Harddrive , i have powerstorm black out and then suddenly the harddrive says that disk structure is corrupted and unreadable
shown pic 1:

i tried to unplug and plug it back and the pop up come out says that i need to format the harddrive.
i dont want to lose my 250gb stuff in it.
refer to the : http://www.techsupportforum.com/f16/...er-194492.html and http://www.techsupportforum.com/f16/...en-200538.html
still no luck

my harddrive is NTFS
what can i do to fix the harddrive or recover the files?
im not computer literate
thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Problem 1.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	66664  

Old 03-01-2010, 10:07 PM   #2
Registered Member

When you access this drive, you will get an error message "The disk in drive is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?". In this situation, the file system is shown as "RAW" when we check the disk property. If we click "No", the drive cannot be accessed. On contrary, if we click "Yes", we will lose all of the files stored on this drive.

A corrupt or missing boot sector will cause such kind of problem.To fix the boot sector, you may refer to How to Fix the Boot Sector Problem?

If it still can not be solved, you have to recover all the data out and then format the partition so that you can enter the partition.

How to do Raw Recovery or Recover Raw Drive?