Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

External Hard Drive Error: Volume is dirty 0x80071AC3

This is a discussion on External Hard Drive Error: Volume is dirty 0x80071AC3 within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi guys, Ok so I'd transferred a few movies over and everything was running fine. Then suddenly the files currently

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 06:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi guys,

Ok so I'd transferred a few movies over and everything was running fine. Then suddenly the files currently transferring failed, and I could no longer delete any files on the hard drive or add anymore. I took out the EHDD and reconnected, now it says I have no access to the drive. Firstly I got the error message as per the title.

So as it is now im stuck and im not sure what to do next, have looked around through google search for a solution which usually sorts my problems out but cant seem to find a solution for this.

Have done Chkdsk B thing, and tried in My comp, Manage and drive manager but nothing shows up in there?

Any help is greatly appreciated, had devoted an afternoon to transfer all my files and sort out my laptop etc and now its all gone to hell.

Thanks

Old 10-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
Moderator hardware team

Sounds like the drive has failed ! Of course I have no idea the make or model of the drive however both seagate and WD diagnostics are in my signature as well as 2 recovery programs to try

Please mark the thread solved when your question has been answered to your satisfaction

Tools: Memtest IMGBurn SeaTools DOS WD Lifeguard R-Studio GetBackData Easeus Free Clone Software DRDD Partition Find and Mount
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
External Hard Drive is lagging
Hi all i have a problem whit mine external hard drive (500GB) i have it like 1 year but one day it started to lag i was traying to copy files from external hard drive to usb memory stick it was half way done but then i canceled it because the copy spead beacome very slow it was 5mb/s and then it...
aleksas17 Hard Drive Support 6 09-10-2012 08:10 PM
Hard drive Failure & Error prevention
These tips will help prevent Hard Drive errors and failures. 1. Purchase a high end power surge protector which has a high joule rating of about 1200 or higher. A garden variety power bar is not a surge protector. A surge protector will say surge protector with a joule rating. Also the newer...
JackBauer_24 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 0 04-02-2012 08:46 AM
Whirring External Hard Drive
Last night my WD external hard drive got disconnected while watching video... twice. (my friend kept tripping over the cord) After the second time we put the MacBook and hard drive on the floor while the video kept playing in the background. We go do other things and the laptop goes into sleep...
hewtab Hard Drive Support 1 07-02-2011 01:11 PM
Locked out of External hard drive
Hi, I recently had my dell hard drive fried and I'm obviously unable to boot it up. In the meantime, I've tried to take my external hard drive to another computer to access my files. Problem is that the hard drive was password protected on the old machine with the fried hard drive. Now, every...
Dtown Hard Drive Support 1 05-26-2011 11:21 PM