Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Expanding a hard drive partition

SOLVED 
1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  oldnorm 
#1 ·
hello
Can anyone tell me how to increase the size of my Windows 7 partition. I have adjacent unallocated space next to it I can not find out how to do it using windows 7 Disc Management or Paragon Hard Disk Manager 10 I know I have to careful that I am doing the right thing. One of my problems seems to be that I have System Reserved partition attached to windows 7 and it wants to increase it's space.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

#3 ·
Hey, so i was having the same dilemma recently and it's really simple fix actually. Go in to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management (click yes)>Storage>Disk Management. Hover over the volume your not wanting and right click. Click on shrink volume and it will prompt you to input how much space you'd like to shrink it down, then click Shrink. When you shrink the one down, it will allocate the space for the other. If i remember correctly you right click the one you want to expand and click extend volume. Hope this helps you!

#4 ·
I have adjacent unallocated space next to it
Go to Start/Search and type diskmgmt.msc, Right click the diskmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Disk Management window, if you have Unallocated Space directly to the Right of the C: windows partition, then just Right click the Windows Partition and choose Extend Volume. Or choose Resize Partition in Paragon. You must have Unallocated Space directly to the right of the partition you want to extend or resize.

#6 ·
Thank you all for your help. I now have a larger Widows 7 partition. which I achieved through Paragon software. Although I had adjacent free space to the right of the Windows 7 partition, Windows 7 Disk Manager did not help. When I right clicked on the Windows 7 partition the Expand function was dimmed.
Again many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.