Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

Error code 7, 065D and 137B

This is a discussion on Error code 7, 065D and 137B within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I have a Dell xps 410, os upgraded from vista to windows 7. Pc will not boot up. Ran

Old 05-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, I have a Dell xps 410, os upgraded from vista to windows 7. Pc will not boot up. Ran an express test and got error codes 0f00:065d and 137b. Hard drive diagnostic turned up code 7. Booted from windows 7 disc and ran startup repair. Says #of root causes=1, but does not show an error. Moot point? Did a system restore. No luck. When trying to boot from drive 0, getting..previous attempts failed at checkpoint Ithr. I have read about running chkdsk but cannot get to a C: prompt. I have also read about going to last known good configuration, but cannot get there. I have also read about literally wrapping the mother board in plastic and freezing it for a couple of hours as a temp fix so one can save and backup documents. My main concern now is to preserve the pictures that have not been backed up on my external hard drive. Most everything else is. Obviously I cannot upgrade to windows 7 using the disc to repair the problem and do not want to do a full install before I can save my files. I have just about all the discs I need - again, I want to backup my docs before I do any reformatting. Can anyone help before I lug this thing to a repair shop? Last option for me. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-14-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
Moderator hardware team

If you want your data back don't put the hard drive in the freezer I won't get into the why just don't do it. You need to run the hard drive manufacture diagnostic tool. What model is the hard drive ? Go to their website and download their diagnostic and burn the bootable CD to run the tests on the drive, The dell utilities are already telling you the drive is having problems continuing to try to re-install to the drive will only over write data and decrease chances of recovery

Please mark the thread solved when your question has been answered to your satisfaction

Tools: Memtest IMGBurn SeaTools DOS WD Lifeguard R-Studio GetBackData Easeus Free Clone Software DRDD Partition Find and Mount
Networks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hi, thanks for the reply. Ok, where do I look to find out what model the hard drive is? Will is be in the docs that came with the pc or do I need to get into the pc. Re burning a disc, I will have to have some else do that for me. Writing on an iPad and do not have that capability. Any other suggestions? Thank you.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
Moderator hardware team

Remove the hard drive from the computer the information is on the sticker

Please mark the thread solved when your question has been answered to your satisfaction

Tools: Memtest IMGBurn SeaTools DOS WD Lifeguard R-Studio GetBackData Easeus Free Clone Software DRDD Partition Find and Mount
Old 05-14-2011, 05:03 PM   #5
Registered Member

Ok, thanks. Back in a bit...
Old 05-14-2011, 05:14 PM   #6
Registered Member

It's L375P-00
Old 05-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #7
Moderator hardware team

That comes up as a power supply. Can you remove the hard drive and take a picture of the hard drive so I can help determine what make model etc. Western Digital, Samsung,Seagate, Mator etc

Old 05-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #8
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

Can you plug this drive into another working pc and then read off the files and backup what you need? Booting a drive is much more taxing for a hard drive than simply reading the drive. You can plug it into any sata port except for the lowest # which should be the booting port.
The freezer trick is for later. It works about 50 % of the time but the next best shot now is to try another pc for reading it.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Rich-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #9
Registered Member

Yeah, just figured that out. Seagate. Barracude 7200.9. Does that sound about right? I also have s/n, st, p/n and th #'s. I can take it to work and try reading it there.