Status
Not open for further replies.

Drive not showing up?

792 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
Hey guys

I had a 1TB main harddrive but I bought a 240GB Samsung Evo drive
ssd
My OS was working great on the 1TB drive but when I installed the SSD, it never showed up in my computer or disk management. It did, however, show up in Samsung Magician.

Nevertheless, I wiped both drives and installd Windows 7 fresh onto the SSD, for some reason it showed up when I put the Win7 dvd in and wiped both drives

However, now that the OS is on the SSD, the 1TB drive doesnt show up! I know both are still working and obviously connected correctly since they have both shown up. However, only one shows up at a time. Never together

Any help would be great

Thanks!

#3 ·
Boot into Setup (Bios) look for SATA or Hard Drive mode, if it is set to IDE or Legacy, change it to AHCI or RAID. Also, check the SATA port that the 1TB drive is plugged into (eg) SATA1, SATA2 etc is Enabled in the Bios. Check the SATA power plug is plugged in tightly to both drives and the SATA data cable is plugged into the back of the drives tightly and to the motherboard tightly. Do the drives both show up in the Bios? They won't show up anywhere else in less they show in the Bios.
What is the make and model# or your computer/motherboard? If the drive still doesn't show up, go to the manufacturers Support/Download Drivers type in your make and model # or Service Tag# and download the latest Bios Update.

#5 ·
Usually when you start Disk Management for the first time with the new drive attached, it would start a New Disk Wizard, but if you restarted more then once, it will not automatically start the Wizard to Initialize the drive, then you have to manually right click the Disk # to Initialize the drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.