Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

dont have a keyboard

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
i have 2 pc's jjoined via kvs setup.. one of them has no keyboard and have t use the onscreen kbd; it doesnt even show kbd in device manager... i dont think i have any more win7 codes left.

please help:banghead::facepalm:

#5 ·
A KVM switch should uses only one keyboard, mouse and monitor for all of the computers connected into it. That's what they are designed for. So you can switch between computers using the same keyboard, mouse and monitor. Does your switch use PS/2 Keyboard or USB. What is the make and model# of the KVM Switch. Did you set it up correctly?

#6 ·
Hi usaf_net,

When you get a chance, please tell us the brand/model of the KVM switch that you're using. Yes, only one keyboard and mouse needs to be connected to the keyboard and you would need to press a keyboard key (e.g. DELETE) to toggle between computers.

I have worked with various KVM switches before and one key on the keyboard that i've used to toggle between computers is DELETE.

Hope everything works out well for you and feel free to ask more questions.

#7 ·
We need to know the make and model# of the KVM switch. Some models, as DBCooper suggested, use a key or combo to toggle between computers. Others have a button on top of the switch box to toggle between computers. I have had both, but use one now that has a button on the box to switch between computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.