Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD good choice?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  aab1 
#1 ·
As I posted before my computer is unbelievably slow, as in 20 seconds to start the Windows calculator. It's mostly because I have 2 GB RAM when I need a minimum of 8, but while I'm at it I also want to replace my c: partition with an SSD and so far want to get the Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD:

Newegg.ca - Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F120GB3-BK 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

The reasons I want that one is because it's both the lowest priced and fastest 120 GB SSD with this controller, and Corsair responded quickly to recall them due to a faulty controller (other brands seemed to have taken longer and more of a pain for the users to fix the issue).

Is that a good choice? I confirmed and Newegg is selling the fixed ones.

Thanks

#2 ·
If your system is taking 20 seconds to open Calc then I would suggest starting with a clean install first to see how that affects things. Another 2GB of RAM would also help. I'm not saying don't get an SSD but unless the rest of your system can take advantage of the speed you may be disappointed.

#3 ·
I forgot to mention, I will be upgrading from 2 GB RAM to 8 GB RAM at the same time.

I've confirmed the extreme slow down is due to lack of RAM as it only ever gets slow if I have too many programs open at once (and the CPU is rarely if ever more than 15% used so that's not the bottleneck).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.