Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Hard Drive Support

Computer Won't Recognize Secondary 500GB Hard Drive

This is a discussion on Computer Won't Recognize Secondary 500GB Hard Drive within the Hard Drive Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've already reinstalled Windows once because of this issue. This time I reinstalled, I installed all my drivers, restarted my

Old 12-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
Registered Member

I've already reinstalled Windows once because of this issue. This time I reinstalled, I installed all my drivers, restarted my computer, then found that the drive was no longer recognized by the computer as drive D, and instead my blu-ray player has taken D's place. I've had so many problems installing this new drive and reinstalling Windows, and I just want my computer to work Please help. The hard drive that's not working happens to be a WD Scorpio Black 500GB. The one I'm using as my primary drive is a Crucial M4 256GB SSD.

Old 12-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #2
Hardware Tech Team

My System

Is the drive listed in Disk Management?

Old 12-03-2011, 06:08 PM   #3
Registered Member

No. But it is listed in my BIOS and in Intel Rapid Storage Utility. There's nothing wrong with the drive. It's a software issue for sure.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:23 AM   #4
Moderator hardware team

Try the drive in another computer and let us know if it can be seen there.

Please mark the thread solved when your question has been answered to your satisfaction

Tools: Memtest IMGBurn SeaTools DOS WD Lifeguard R-Studio GetBackData Easeus Free Clone Software DRDD Partition Find and Mount
Networks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:32 AM   #5
Moderator hardware team

Guys try scanning the drive with r-studio to see if it can read and recover the data. Shakes yours is not the same issue and I seem you started another thread which is the correct thing to do

Please mark the thread solved when your question has been answered to your satisfaction

Tools: Memtest IMGBurn SeaTools DOS WD Lifeguard R-Studio GetBackData Easeus Free Clone Software DRDD Partition Find and Mount
Networks is offline   Reply With Quote
Gear in this thread